Typical Work Flow
Front Desk workflow is centered on three areas: Patient Registration, Appointments, Find Patient information, Payments, Contacts and Tasks. Typically, the work flow starts with a new patient booking an appointment and then completing their patient registration information. The Provider Dashboard shows all three in a concise view and is the beginning point for physicians. Should a physician need to access any other patient record, simply click Find Patient and a window opens with options to search for that patient by appointments, encounters, notes, and a list of patients. At any time a provider can type into the note and electronically sign when it is complete.
Booking patient appointments work flow:
- To book an appointment for a new patient, click appointments. If it is an existing patient, type the patient name, home number (type hyphen in numbers), or date of birth.
- Either select the day on the calendar and click a time on the calendar for a provider or click Find Appointments to location a future day for the appointment.
- When the new appointment dialog opens, type in the patient first and last name, date of birth, and mobile or main telephone number. Then select a type of appointment and the reason for the appointment. Saving the appointment create a new patient registration.
- When the patient arrives for their appointment, collect all the key patient registration information, which includes scanning a copy of their insurance card and attaching it into their registration using Attachments.
- Gather the referring physician name (may need to add it to Contacts), guarantor, and insurance or payment type of information.
- Click Appointments and edit the patient appointment, select the insurance case and referring physician (and a room), then select check in. An encounter is now created for the patient and they are ready for the nurse or provider.
- Click payment to collect co-pay and collect for any outstanding payments.
- Collect the payment and print a receipt.
Printer Friendly Version
|Superbill||UP||Provider Work Flow|