Provider Work Flow
Typical Work Flow Provider workflow is centered on three areas: Appointments, Notes, and Tasks. The Provider Dashboard shows all three in a concise view and is the beginning point for physicians. Should a physician need to access any other patient record, simply click Find Patient and a window opens with options to search for that patient by appointments, encounters, notes, and a list of patients. At any time a provider can type into the note and electronically sign when it is complete.
The typical work flow as a provider is as follows, but none of these steps are required to be performed:
- Clicking on patient names will open the dashboard or note for the associated encounter.
- The patient dashboard or clinical note opens.
- A form is loaded based on the type of visit, facility, and provider assigned as a default.
- The menu templates are assigned to the form.
- Typically, a nurse will fill in the vitals, patient history, current medications, and chief complaint section. A provider usually verifies this information and uses it as part of the assessment.
- The chief complaint is usually the first area of focus. This input dynamically builds a patient description of their complaints.
- A review of systems is usually performed.
- An exam is then conducted and details are completed in the template.
- A diagnosis is then made or a preliminary diagnosis is made and requires further tests to make a final diagnosis.
- Prescriptions may be ordered.
- Labs or imaging or other services/procedures may be ordered or performed.
- The note is then reviewed, edited, and signed. This step can be performed at any point.
- The Superbill is then reviewed. An E&M code is selected. The codes are then released for billing by clicking finalize.
Enabledoc displays a check in the menu next to each template as information is entered and saved. A yellow check appears next to that template name to show that information has been entered. If a red check mark appears next to a template that template has been locked to indicate the information is finalized. This feature makes it easier to know what work has been completed and what work has not. A provider is not required to use this feature.
|Printer Friendly Version|
|Find Patient, Appointments, & Encounters|
|Forms, Notes, & Letters|
|Past Patient History|
|Typical Work Flow||UP||Find Patient Appointments & Encounters|